Prayag United SC thrash Pune FC 5-1 in I-League encounter
Kolkata: Local challengers Prayag United SC came out of their streak of draws in style with a sound 5-1 thrashing of Pune FC in their fourth round I-League fixture at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Saturday.
Pune FC missed their goalkeeper Subrata Paul sorely as United SC`s Brazilian forward Joshimar D`Silva Martins fired a hattrick (17`, 55` and 80`) in the six-goal thriller.
Lalkamal Bhowmick (6`) and Kiwi Kayne Vincent (77`) completed the rout for United SC, while Pune FC scored their only goal through Japanese recruit Izumi Arata (29`).
United SC now have six points from four matches, while Pune FC have five from four matches. The Durand Cup runners-up took an early lead when captain Lalkamal struck with a fine right-footer beating Pune FC goalkeeper Shahinlal Meloly.
Joshimar opened his account when Vincent`s short pass beat two Pune defenders before the Brazilian scored a beautiful goal to give the local side a 2-0 lead.
Pune FC brought one back when Arata scored from a long ranger.
But the local outfit added one more when Joshimar struck his second beating Meloly once again before lobbing the ball over in an open net.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'