Prayag United SC to lock horns against Air India
Kolkata: A keen contest is on the card when the city outfit Prayag United SC lock horns against Mumbai`s Air India at the 8th round of the I-League at Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Sunday.
Prayag, the Durand Cup finalist, are still unbeaten in their last 10 games in any competition. Comprised of young and experienced players, they have already earned the giant-killer tag and their latest victim was Mohun Bagan.
Prayag United gave Mohun Bagan a shocking jolt when they defeated the local giants 3-2 in the 7th round and kept their score-sheet clean with three victories and four draws.
Prayag, who are at fifth place with 13 points, are the only outfit after leaders Dempo Sports Club (21 points), who have remained undefeated in the I-League so far this season.
With Yakubu and Joshimar at the upfront and Lal Kamal Bhowmick and Vincent Debdas doing the spadework in the midfield, they have turned into a well knit combination.
Besides, there are Deepak Mondal and Bello Razac in the defence to keep their fort intact so far.
Head coach Sanjay Sen, however, told his boys not to be complacent because Air India are very unpredictable side.
The airmen, who were beaten 0-2 by Pune FC in the previous away encounter, had been undefeated in four earlier matches -- a 4-2 win over HAL, draw with Shillong Lajong FC, victory over Chirag United Kerala 2-1 and win over reigning champions Salgaocar SC 3-1 in home game.
Air India so far have grabbed 10 points and they are placed seventh in the league table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed