Premier League clubs spend whopping 120 million pounds in January transfer window
London: English Premier League clubs have reportedly spent around 120 million pounds in the player transfer window for January, which is double the amount that they spent the previous year. According to Deloitte, 35 million pounds were spent on the deadline day and more than half of the total amount has been spent by the Queens Park Rangers, Liverpool and Newcastle United clubs.
According to Dan Jones, Deloitte’s sports business group partner, clubs have been relatively controlled in their spending for the player transfer window, despite the fact that their broadcasting revenues will be increasing from 20 million pounds to 30 million pounds from the next season. Jones also said that clubs are now in a reporting period that will help them during the first assessment of Union of European Football Associations’ (UEFA) financial fair play break, and added that Premier League clubs have also been considering implementing extra cost-control regulation at a domestic level.
Many European leagues, which included those in Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and Germany, also have closed their transfer windows at the same time as Premier League clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket