Premier League clubs spend whopping 120 million pounds in January transfer window
London: English Premier League clubs have reportedly spent around 120 million pounds in the player transfer window for January, which is double the amount that they spent the previous year. According to Deloitte, 35 million pounds were spent on the deadline day and more than half of the total amount has been spent by the Queens Park Rangers, Liverpool and Newcastle United clubs.
According to Dan Jones, Deloitte’s sports business group partner, clubs have been relatively controlled in their spending for the player transfer window, despite the fact that their broadcasting revenues will be increasing from 20 million pounds to 30 million pounds from the next season. Jones also said that clubs are now in a reporting period that will help them during the first assessment of Union of European Football Associations’ (UEFA) financial fair play break, and added that Premier League clubs have also been considering implementing extra cost-control regulation at a domestic level.
Many European leagues, which included those in Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and Germany, also have closed their transfer windows at the same time as Premier League clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- West Bengal madrassa board wants vocational courses
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch