PSG bid complicates Luka Modric's Madrid plan
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Paris St-Germain’s willingness to sign Luka Modric for Tottenham Hotspur`s asking price of £40m has made things difficult for the Croatian as he is forcing a transfer to Real Madrid, Guardian reported.
However, Modric has no desire to join the big spending PSG but his preferred destination is Madrid, the Spaniards know. He has drawn a public rebuke from André Villas-Boas after he refused to train with the team last week.
Furthermore, he failed to report for the flight to Los Angeles, where the club have begun their three-city tour of the United States. Apparently, the club intend to fine him two weeks` wages, a sum of £80,000.
Madrid, who offered a package worth £31m for Modric, would like to bargain more for a player who has already shown interest in joining them and especially after the player’s ‘revolt’.
Meanwhile, Aitor Karanka, Madrid`s assistant coach, has confirmed the club`s interest in Modric, saying, "which club would not want a player like him? He is an outstanding footballer and had a great tournament [Euro 2012]. It is clear that he would fit in Madrid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users