‘PSG-bound’ Beckham tips Kaka to replace him at LA Galaxy
London: David Beckham is set join French club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) for rest of the season, and the former England captain has recommended former Real Madrid teammate Kaka as his replacement at LA Galaxy.
PSG club hopes to clinch the former Manchester United superstar’s signing next month when he leaves LA Galaxy.
MLS club LA Galaxy has confirmed their interest in Kaka, but now it has been revealed Beckham has acted as the go-between, the Daily Mirror reports.
Beckham has spoken to Kaka about the MLS and what life is like in LA, and it is understood the Brazilian star has also held informal discussions with Galaxy officials.
Galaxy had been tracking Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard, but Beckham’s involvement has helped Kaka jump to the top of the club’s wish list.
A source close to Galaxy claimed the club is unlikely to try to sign both Kaka and Lampard, and that their efforts are currently concentrated on the Real Madrid midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months