‘PSG-bound’ Beckham tips Kaka to replace him at LA Galaxy
London: David Beckham is set join French club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) for rest of the season, and the former England captain has recommended former Real Madrid teammate Kaka as his replacement at LA Galaxy.
PSG club hopes to clinch the former Manchester United superstar’s signing next month when he leaves LA Galaxy.
MLS club LA Galaxy has confirmed their interest in Kaka, but now it has been revealed Beckham has acted as the go-between, the Daily Mirror reports.
Beckham has spoken to Kaka about the MLS and what life is like in LA, and it is understood the Brazilian star has also held informal discussions with Galaxy officials.
Galaxy had been tracking Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard, but Beckham’s involvement has helped Kaka jump to the top of the club’s wish list.
A source close to Galaxy claimed the club is unlikely to try to sign both Kaka and Lampard, and that their efforts are currently concentrated on the Real Madrid midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport