PSG close to Rafinha deal with Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain target Rafinha is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract extension with Brazilian giants Flamengo.
The 19-year-old forward has agreed in principle to a five-year deal with a buy-out clause of 40 million euros. Rafinha has been followed by Paris Saint-German since former Brazil star Zico recommended the teenager to the French club`s top officials in 2009.
Zico has been a vocal supporter of the star and recently criticised his former club for not giving the youngster more chances in the first team.
Flamengo is keen to tie the player to a new deal before his current contract expires in March 2014, when he could leave as a free agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...