PSG close to Rafinha deal with Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain target Rafinha is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract extension with Brazilian giants Flamengo.
The 19-year-old forward has agreed in principle to a five-year deal with a buy-out clause of 40 million euros. Rafinha has been followed by Paris Saint-German since former Brazil star Zico recommended the teenager to the French club`s top officials in 2009.
Zico has been a vocal supporter of the star and recently criticised his former club for not giving the youngster more chances in the first team.
Flamengo is keen to tie the player to a new deal before his current contract expires in March 2014, when he could leave as a free agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy
- UK police say almost 6,200 hate crimes in month after Brexit vote