PSG close to Rafinha deal with Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain target Rafinha is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract extension with Brazilian giants Flamengo.
The 19-year-old forward has agreed in principle to a five-year deal with a buy-out clause of 40 million euros. Rafinha has been followed by Paris Saint-German since former Brazil star Zico recommended the teenager to the French club`s top officials in 2009.
Zico has been a vocal supporter of the star and recently criticised his former club for not giving the youngster more chances in the first team.
Flamengo is keen to tie the player to a new deal before his current contract expires in March 2014, when he could leave as a free agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam
- Was Aamir Khan all set to do a 'Rustom'? Here's what we know so far
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand