PSG confirm Laurent Blanc as coach
Paris: French champions Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday confirmed the appointment of Laurent Blanc as coach, with the former national team manager signing a two-year contract.
The television channel BeInSport, also owned by the club`s Qatari owners, let the cat out of the bag last Friday, announcing an "agreement" between the Paris side and Blanc.
PSG said in a short statement that a news conference would be held "soon".
The French Ligue 1 winners` announcement came just moments before Real Madrid said that Carlo Ancelotti would take over from Jose Mourinho at the Bernabeu.
Blanc, 45, has been out of a job since leaving his role in charge of the French national team following their disappointing quarter-final exit at Euro 2012.
The former defender, who won the World Cup with France in 1998, has previously had professional coaching experience at Bordeaux from 2007-2010, leading them to the Ligue 1 title in 2009.
Ancelotti had been a target as Mourinho`s replacement after announcing in May that he wanted to leave the Parc des Princes after 18 months in charge.
PSG have reportedly been linked to a number of coaches since then, including Mourinho before his move back to Chelsea, Rafael Benitez before he headed to Napoli and Russia boss Fabio Capello.
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas was also said to have been in the frame.
Blanc was also said to have been in talks with Roma until the Serie A side chose former Lille boss Rudi Garcia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok