PSG have no regrets, says Ancelotti
Paris: Carlo Ancelotti says Paris Saint-Germain can have no regrets after being knocked out the Champions League to Barcelona.
Les Parisiens `coach thinks the team’s performance in the second leg at Camp Nou was very impressive and it has laid down a marker for success on the European stage in the future.
The French side were 3-2 ahead on aggregate in the tie before a Pedro equaliser put the Spanish club through on away goals. The two-time Champions League-winning coach with AC Milan says the team has now put it behind them and are instead focusing on Ligue 1.
"The disappointment is over and we have no regrets, because we have done everything we can,” the Italian coach told reporters at a press conference.
“We did not win, but the team showed it could be competitive in Europe and that was the goal this season. It was even a surprise for me to see a team with so much courage and character.
"It was probably one of the best games of the season against one of the best teams in the world, it is a good starting point for the future."
"The team did not lack anything. We defended well and attacked well, maybe one more goal in the first period would have been good. I am proud because I had never seen Barcelona face the same problems as they did against us. The only regrets we have are from the first leg."
Ancelotti`s charges are seven points clear at the top of Ligue 1 and are well-placed to take the French crown.
And the 53-year-old coach was quick to turn the club`s concentration on clinching the domestic title, starting with a win against bottom side Troyes on Saturday.
"We will be focused on tomorrow`s game because it’s a tough game,” said the coach.
“We are approaching the end of the season, and every game is important now to climb the steps up to the title. After 18 years, we can win the league title. It is not hard to find motivation.
"We will show a lot of concentration because Troyes are playing for survival but we will be ready. If we win tomorrow, we will be 10 points ahead of Marseille before they play against Lille on Sunday, then we can sleep well.
"Maybe I`ll make some changes because everyone has not fully recovered yet. Barcelona pumped a lot of energy out of us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing