PSG have no regrets, says Ancelotti
Paris: Carlo Ancelotti says Paris Saint-Germain can have no regrets after being knocked out the Champions League to Barcelona.
Les Parisiens `coach thinks the team’s performance in the second leg at Camp Nou was very impressive and it has laid down a marker for success on the European stage in the future.
The French side were 3-2 ahead on aggregate in the tie before a Pedro equaliser put the Spanish club through on away goals. The two-time Champions League-winning coach with AC Milan says the team has now put it behind them and are instead focusing on Ligue 1.
"The disappointment is over and we have no regrets, because we have done everything we can,” the Italian coach told reporters at a press conference.
“We did not win, but the team showed it could be competitive in Europe and that was the goal this season. It was even a surprise for me to see a team with so much courage and character.
"It was probably one of the best games of the season against one of the best teams in the world, it is a good starting point for the future."
"The team did not lack anything. We defended well and attacked well, maybe one more goal in the first period would have been good. I am proud because I had never seen Barcelona face the same problems as they did against us. The only regrets we have are from the first leg."
Ancelotti`s charges are seven points clear at the top of Ligue 1 and are well-placed to take the French crown.
And the 53-year-old coach was quick to turn the club`s concentration on clinching the domestic title, starting with a win against bottom side Troyes on Saturday.
"We will be focused on tomorrow`s game because it’s a tough game,” said the coach.
“We are approaching the end of the season, and every game is important now to climb the steps up to the title. After 18 years, we can win the league title. It is not hard to find motivation.
"We will show a lot of concentration because Troyes are playing for survival but we will be ready. If we win tomorrow, we will be 10 points ahead of Marseille before they play against Lille on Sunday, then we can sleep well.
"Maybe I`ll make some changes because everyone has not fully recovered yet. Barcelona pumped a lot of energy out of us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt