PSG loan `keeper Areola to Bastia
Ligue 1 club Bastia have picked up under-20 world champion goalkeeper Alphonse Areola from Paris Saint-Germain on loan, the Corsican outfit confirmed on Saturday.
The 21-year-old, who won the global honour in 2013 with France, is set to be first-choice `keeper for Claude Makelele`s ambitious team after failing to break into Laurent Blanc`s side in the capital.
He was loaned to northern club Lens last season, where he made 36 appearances and helped the team gain promotion, but is now on his way to Bastia for the upcoming season and passed a medical on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai