PSG lose defender Thiago Silva indefinitely
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain will be without their captain Thiago Silva for an undisclosed period after the Brazilian defender limped out of Sunday`s clash against Monaco with a thigh injury.
"The MRI test carried out on Thiago Silva confirmed a muscle tear in the left thigh," read a statement on the club website on Monday.
"The length of his absence will be revealed at a later time depending on the evolution of the injury," the statement continued.
The centre-back was substituted in the 16th minute of the 1-1 draw at Parc des Princes which kept Monaco two points clear of PSG and Saint-Etienne.
"I think we`ve lost him for some time," said PSG coach Laurent Blanc.
The capital club are in action on Wednesday with an away match at second-from-bottom Valenciennes, while Monaco host Bastia as part of a full midweek programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say