PSG lose defender Thiago Silva indefinitely
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain will be without their captain Thiago Silva for an undisclosed period after the Brazilian defender limped out of Sunday`s clash against Monaco with a thigh injury.
"The MRI test carried out on Thiago Silva confirmed a muscle tear in the left thigh," read a statement on the club website on Monday.
"The length of his absence will be revealed at a later time depending on the evolution of the injury," the statement continued.
The centre-back was substituted in the 16th minute of the 1-1 draw at Parc des Princes which kept Monaco two points clear of PSG and Saint-Etienne.
"I think we`ve lost him for some time," said PSG coach Laurent Blanc.
The capital club are in action on Wednesday with an away match at second-from-bottom Valenciennes, while Monaco host Bastia as part of a full midweek programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you