PSG lose defender Thiago Silva indefinitely
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain will be without their captain Thiago Silva for an undisclosed period after the Brazilian defender limped out of Sunday`s clash against Monaco with a thigh injury.
"The MRI test carried out on Thiago Silva confirmed a muscle tear in the left thigh," read a statement on the club website on Monday.
"The length of his absence will be revealed at a later time depending on the evolution of the injury," the statement continued.
The centre-back was substituted in the 16th minute of the 1-1 draw at Parc des Princes which kept Monaco two points clear of PSG and Saint-Etienne.
"I think we`ve lost him for some time," said PSG coach Laurent Blanc.
The capital club are in action on Wednesday with an away match at second-from-bottom Valenciennes, while Monaco host Bastia as part of a full midweek programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict