PSG no longer interested in Rooney, reveals Blanc
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc;- has poured cold water on speculation linking the club with Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney.
Following their acquisition of Edinson Cavani for €63 million, Blanc stated he felt well stocked up front and would only add a midfielder if the Parisien outfit returned to the transfer market.
Speaking to reporters, Blanc said: "Wayne Rooney is a magnificent player but we`re very well covered in attack.
"We have to see what we can do in midfield. If there is another arrival, it will be in this sector"
Rooney has been heavily linked with a move away from Old Trafford, with PSG, Arsenal and Chelsea seen as the frontrunners for the 27-year-old`s signature.
But PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi revealed on Wednesday that Rooney was always a back-up option to Cavani, while United rejected an opening bid for the striker from Chelsea.
Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Rooney remains the Blues` only remaining transfer target this summer, and Arsene Wenger insisted Arsenal could pay the England international`s wages.
Meanwhile PSG are expected to complete the signing of 19-year-old defender Marquinhos from Roma for approximately €35m after the Brazilian flew to Paris for his medical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh