PSG not interested in Cavani, says Leonardo
Rome: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has claimed that Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani is not a transfer target of the French football club.
French media reported Tuesday that the Ligue 1 leaders had already agreed a deal to sign the Napoli forward.
Leonardo dismissed those reports on Wednesday insisting that the Partenopei goal-scorer is not on their wish-list.
"Now is not the time to talk about the market," he said. "But I can say that Cavani is not our objective at this time."
"Do not expect an amazing market from us this year - we`ve already got them at this team. Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi will definitely stay here - 100 percent," he said.
"I want (manager Carlo) Ancelotti to remain, but that will depend on him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port