PSG not interested in Cavani, says Leonardo
Rome: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has claimed that Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani is not a transfer target of the French football club.
French media reported Tuesday that the Ligue 1 leaders had already agreed a deal to sign the Napoli forward.
Leonardo dismissed those reports on Wednesday insisting that the Partenopei goal-scorer is not on their wish-list.
"Now is not the time to talk about the market," he said. "But I can say that Cavani is not our objective at this time."
"Do not expect an amazing market from us this year - we`ve already got them at this team. Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi will definitely stay here - 100 percent," he said.
"I want (manager Carlo) Ancelotti to remain, but that will depend on him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story