PSG notch 11th successive win, 3-0 at home to Reims
Paris: An Edinson Cavani strike and two Aissa Mandi own goals gave Paris St Germain a 3-0 home win over Stade Reims to open a 16-point lead over second-placed Monaco in Ligue 1 on Saturday.
The victory at the Parc des Princes in Paris without injured talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic was PSG`s 11th in a row in all competitions and they have not conceded a goal in the league this year.
Ibrahimovic missed the game after suffering a muscle injury during the French champions` 3-1 home win over Chelsea in the Champions League quarter-final first leg on Wednesday.
They have 79 points with six matches left, to Monaco`s 63 with seven to play including Sunday`s home game against Nantes. Lille, in third on 57, play at Toulouse later on Saturday.
Cavani, spearheading a largely reserve PSG side, put them ahead two minutes before the interval with his 15th league goal of the season, tapping the ball home from Gregory van der Wiel`s cross.
The home side increased the lead three minutes into the second half when the unfortunate Mandi helped a header by Brazilian Lucas into the net.
The Reims right back sealed the result with another own goal one minute from time as PSG sealed an easy win with several first-team regulars rested for the Champions League visit to Stamford Bridge next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented