PSG notch 11th successive win, 3-0 at home to Reims
Paris: An Edinson Cavani strike and two Aissa Mandi own goals gave Paris St Germain a 3-0 home win over Stade Reims to open a 16-point lead over second-placed Monaco in Ligue 1 on Saturday.
The victory at the Parc des Princes in Paris without injured talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic was PSG`s 11th in a row in all competitions and they have not conceded a goal in the league this year.
Ibrahimovic missed the game after suffering a muscle injury during the French champions` 3-1 home win over Chelsea in the Champions League quarter-final first leg on Wednesday.
They have 79 points with six matches left, to Monaco`s 63 with seven to play including Sunday`s home game against Nantes. Lille, in third on 57, play at Toulouse later on Saturday.
Cavani, spearheading a largely reserve PSG side, put them ahead two minutes before the interval with his 15th league goal of the season, tapping the ball home from Gregory van der Wiel`s cross.
The home side increased the lead three minutes into the second half when the unfortunate Mandi helped a header by Brazilian Lucas into the net.
The Reims right back sealed the result with another own goal one minute from time as PSG sealed an easy win with several first-team regulars rested for the Champions League visit to Stamford Bridge next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery