PSG`s Ibrahimovic escapes ban
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has avoided punishment from the LFP for a suspected stomp after the authorities could not establish whether it was intentional or not.
The incident occurred during a match between the Parisians and rivals Lyon on December 16 when Ibrahimovic`s boot connected with Dejan Lovren`s head.
Subsequently, the former AC Milan striker was called to a hearing on January 10 to present his defence and after reviewing his case the LFP has decided against handing him a punishment.
"After hearing counsel from the player and his representatives at PSG, the report compiled by the referee and after review of the video images, the Commission felt that they could not establish without doubt that the protagonist had voluntarily walked on his opponent and that therefore there was no reason to punish the player," read the LFP`s official statement.
Ibrahimovic has been in fine form this season, netting 18 goals from 16 league appearances and this verdict will come as some relief to the capital side`s title hopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre