PSG`s Ibrahimovic escapes ban
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has avoided punishment from the LFP for a suspected stomp after the authorities could not establish whether it was intentional or not.
The incident occurred during a match between the Parisians and rivals Lyon on December 16 when Ibrahimovic`s boot connected with Dejan Lovren`s head.
Subsequently, the former AC Milan striker was called to a hearing on January 10 to present his defence and after reviewing his case the LFP has decided against handing him a punishment.
"After hearing counsel from the player and his representatives at PSG, the report compiled by the referee and after review of the video images, the Commission felt that they could not establish without doubt that the protagonist had voluntarily walked on his opponent and that therefore there was no reason to punish the player," read the LFP`s official statement.
Ibrahimovic has been in fine form this season, netting 18 goals from 16 league appearances and this verdict will come as some relief to the capital side`s title hopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- 'Mohenjo Daro' crosses Rs 100 crore-mark worldwide
- Government can't expect RBI to do everything for growth: Bank of Baroda chief
- Banned URLs: Here is the full list of the blocked websites
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala