PSG`s Lucas vows to improve in 2014
Brasília: Brazilian star Lucas Moura has given himself just six out of ten for this year`s showings with Paris Saint Germain and has vowed to do better in 2014.
"It`s been a learning process this season," the attacking midfielder told broadcaster SporTV as he looked ahead to a year when he hopes to play a role for the hosts at the World Cup.
"I feel secure in the knowledge I grew personally as well as professionally. But I still have to grow and I am sure I shall be more prepared next season.
"If I had to give myself marks out of ten I would say six," added Lucas, who Monday played a charity match at Jundai, 60km from Sao Paulo.
Lucas, 21, arrived at the Parc des Princes in January from Sao Paulo.
But he has only intermittently lived up to his 45 million euros price tag with strikers Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani stealing much of the PSG limelight.
His inconsistency saw him left off Brazil`s last squad with coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, who will unveil his final squad on May 7, preferring Chelsea`s Willian and Milan veteran Robinho.
And he was only a fleeting presence at last June`s Confederations Cup, with Scolari preferring Hulk and Bernard.
"My dream is to play the World Cup in my home country and make history with the national team. I have to work -- but I`m confident in my potential," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon