PSG well prepared for Barcelona
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti believes that his side’s hard-earned victory over Montpellier on Friday night served as perfect preparation for next week’s Champions League quarter-final clash with Barcelona.
The Ligue 1 leaders toiled for long periods at Parc des Princes on Friday night but Kevin Gameiro’s late goal earned les Parisiens a 1-0 victory that moves them eight points clear at the top of the table.
PSG were made to work extremely hard for the three points but that is no bad thing according to Ancelotti, particularly with the visit of Barca in mind.
"The atmosphere was good,” the Italian coach told reporters after the game. “It was a difficult match because Montpellier has many qualities.
"So, they are three important points in terms of the standings. But it was also excellent preparation for the game on Tuesday against Barca.”
Ancelotti’s sentiments were echoed by those of his compatriot, goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu.
"It was a tough game because there were so many players involved with with their national sides this week. So, it was not easy. But they are three important points that allow us to go forward.
"Now we must focus on the game on Tuesday against Barcelona, because it will be very difficult."
PSG first host the Blaugrana in the French capital before travelling to Catalunya for the return leg on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj