PSV sign Bruma, sell Pieters
The Hague: Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma passed a medical examination at Dutch football club PSV, while the Eindhoven-based club sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City.
PSV reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea last Wednesday for an alleged transfer fee of 3 million euros ($3.9 million). The 21-year-old Bruma debuted for Chelsea at the age of 17, but played on loan for Hamburger SV for the last two seasons, reports Xinhua.
Four-time Dutch international Bruma is expected to sign a four-year deal at PSV by Monday and will become the second signing after winger Florian Jozefzoon, who joined PSV from RKC Waalwijk. PSV also hope to attract midfielders Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Stijn Schaars from Sporting Portugal.
PSV sold defender Pieters to Stoke City for around 3.5 million euros, after already having received 9 million euros for Belgian international Dries Mertens (Napoli) and around 9.5 million euros for Dutch international Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth