PSV sign Bruma, sell Pieters
The Hague: Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma passed a medical examination at Dutch football club PSV, while the Eindhoven-based club sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City.
PSV reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea last Wednesday for an alleged transfer fee of 3 million euros ($3.9 million). The 21-year-old Bruma debuted for Chelsea at the age of 17, but played on loan for Hamburger SV for the last two seasons, reports Xinhua.
Four-time Dutch international Bruma is expected to sign a four-year deal at PSV by Monday and will become the second signing after winger Florian Jozefzoon, who joined PSV from RKC Waalwijk. PSV also hope to attract midfielders Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Stijn Schaars from Sporting Portugal.
PSV sold defender Pieters to Stoke City for around 3.5 million euros, after already having received 9 million euros for Belgian international Dries Mertens (Napoli) and around 9.5 million euros for Dutch international Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?