PSV sign Bruma, sell Pieters
The Hague: Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma passed a medical examination at Dutch football club PSV, while the Eindhoven-based club sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City.
PSV reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea last Wednesday for an alleged transfer fee of 3 million euros ($3.9 million). The 21-year-old Bruma debuted for Chelsea at the age of 17, but played on loan for Hamburger SV for the last two seasons, reports Xinhua.
Four-time Dutch international Bruma is expected to sign a four-year deal at PSV by Monday and will become the second signing after winger Florian Jozefzoon, who joined PSV from RKC Waalwijk. PSV also hope to attract midfielders Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Stijn Schaars from Sporting Portugal.
PSV sold defender Pieters to Stoke City for around 3.5 million euros, after already having received 9 million euros for Belgian international Dries Mertens (Napoli) and around 9.5 million euros for Dutch international Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand