PSV sign Bruma, sell Pieters
The Hague: Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma passed a medical examination at Dutch football club PSV, while the Eindhoven-based club sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City.
PSV reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea last Wednesday for an alleged transfer fee of 3 million euros ($3.9 million). The 21-year-old Bruma debuted for Chelsea at the age of 17, but played on loan for Hamburger SV for the last two seasons, reports Xinhua.
Four-time Dutch international Bruma is expected to sign a four-year deal at PSV by Monday and will become the second signing after winger Florian Jozefzoon, who joined PSV from RKC Waalwijk. PSV also hope to attract midfielders Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Stijn Schaars from Sporting Portugal.
PSV sold defender Pieters to Stoke City for around 3.5 million euros, after already having received 9 million euros for Belgian international Dries Mertens (Napoli) and around 9.5 million euros for Dutch international Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details