PSV sign Bruma, sell Pieters
The Hague: Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma passed a medical examination at Dutch football club PSV, while the Eindhoven-based club sold Erik Pieters to Stoke City.
PSV reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea last Wednesday for an alleged transfer fee of 3 million euros ($3.9 million). The 21-year-old Bruma debuted for Chelsea at the age of 17, but played on loan for Hamburger SV for the last two seasons, reports Xinhua.
Four-time Dutch international Bruma is expected to sign a four-year deal at PSV by Monday and will become the second signing after winger Florian Jozefzoon, who joined PSV from RKC Waalwijk. PSV also hope to attract midfielders Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Stijn Schaars from Sporting Portugal.
PSV sold defender Pieters to Stoke City for around 3.5 million euros, after already having received 9 million euros for Belgian international Dries Mertens (Napoli) and around 9.5 million euros for Dutch international Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know