PSV to end year as Dutch winter champions
Hague: PSV Eindhoven will end the year as Dutch Eredivisie "winter" champions for the 19th time in its history, with FC Twente finishing the year on goal difference as the second placed team.
PSV had no difficulties with NAC Breda Saturday, beating the home team 6-1 Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"The most important thing is that we have won, not the winter title," PSV coach Dick Advocaat said. "I rather have the real title in summer."
FC Twente recorded a 3-0 win at AZ Alkmaar Friday, but their performance was not convincing. AZ dominated most of the match but failed to convert the innumerable chances they had.
Ajax had the chance to move within one point of the leaders, but wasted that opportunity at FC Utrecht.
Coach Frank de Boer side played well and had several chances, but drew 0-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here