PSV to end year as Dutch winter champions
Hague: PSV Eindhoven will end the year as Dutch Eredivisie "winter" champions for the 19th time in its history, with FC Twente finishing the year on goal difference as the second placed team.
PSV had no difficulties with NAC Breda Saturday, beating the home team 6-1 Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"The most important thing is that we have won, not the winter title," PSV coach Dick Advocaat said. "I rather have the real title in summer."
FC Twente recorded a 3-0 win at AZ Alkmaar Friday, but their performance was not convincing. AZ dominated most of the match but failed to convert the innumerable chances they had.
Ajax had the chance to move within one point of the leaders, but wasted that opportunity at FC Utrecht.
Coach Frank de Boer side played well and had several chances, but drew 0-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters