Pune FC rally to hold AI to 2-2 draw
Pune: An in-form Pune FC suffered a scare before rallying from a two-goal deficit to hold Air India to a 2-2 draw in a 16th round I-League match at Balewadi Sports Complex on Sunday.
Ezeh Henry (14th) and Takayuki Omi (62nd) scored for the airmen, who at one stage looked to be in sight of an upset victory.
However, goals by S Venkatesh (76th) and Chika Wali (90+) ensured that the Pune outfit extended its unbeaten run to 10 matches.
With this draw, Pune FC now have 27 points from 16 matches, while Air India have 21 points in as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage