Pune FC re-sign winger Lester Fernandez
Pune: Pune FC further strengthened their squad with the addition of winger and ex-player Lester Fernandez who rejoined the I-League club in the second-transfer window.
Lester, who spent two seasons with Pune FC from 2010-2012, has signed up till the end of the season.
The 28-year old thus becomes the club`s fourth signing of the recently concluded transfer window after Zeeshan Rahman, Gabriel Fernandes and Nicolau Borges.
Pune FC Head Operations, Chirag Tanna said, "We are very happy to have Lester back in our setup. I wish him all the best and hope he settles down quickly."
A Tata Football Academy graduate, Bengaluru-born Lester began his professional career at Dempo SC (2007-08) and was a part of their I-League winning side in the same season.
The crafty winger then spent a season each with Vasco SC (2008-09) and Salgaocar FC (2009-10) before joining Pune FC at the start of the 2010-11 season.
During his time at Pune FC, Lester went on to become a regular in the team and was also voted the `Fans` Player of the Year 2010-11 apart from helping the club to two back-to-back top-5 finishes.
While at Pune FC, Lester also was shortlisted for the National-camp held for the AFC Challenge Cup in 2012. He also made two appearances for the Indian team in friendlies against Oman and Azerbaijan.
At the start of 2012-13 season, Lester made the move to United SC for a transfer fee of Rs. 20 lakhs a first in Indian football - after two successful seasons with Pune FC. His time with United SC was however marred with injuries which restricted his progress at the club.
The following season, he moved west to Mumbai Tigers. However, with his new team pulling out of the I-League, he missed out on top-flight action.
Lester, who has been training with the rest of the team, has completed all formalities and will be available to Coach Mike Snoei for selection for the Mohammedan Sporting game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA