Pune FC seek revenge against Mumbai FC
Pune: Pune FC would be seeking revenge when they face arch-rivals Mumbai FC in an I-League Round-19 encounter at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi, here tomorrow.
The second-leg of the encounter is crucial for Pune FC after going down 1-2 in the first-leg to the state-rivals at home. In fact, it was the only loss Pune FC have suffered at the Balewadi Stadium in the I-League this season.
"We want some revenge. We still remember the last game. We played well, but they (Mumbai FC) won it. It`s also about the results," Pune FC coach Mike Snoei said after an evening training session.
"We need to win tomorrow to stay in the race for winning a trophy this season. It`s a heavy schedule now with a lot of fixtures. It`s a very important game and the players are looking forward to it," he added.
Pune FC have a lot to look up to going into the game. For starts, Mumbai FC`s home-form hasn`t been too good this season. One win, five draws and three losses so far has seen them pick up only eight out of a possible 27 points.
Add to that, Pune FC have never lost an `away` game against Mumbai FC since they have been based in Pune.
Moreover, Pune FC (28pts) sitting third on the table, will look for a win against tenth-placed Mumbai FC (18 pts) to boost their position in the standings.
Going into the game, Mumbai FC have failed to log a win in any of their last seven games playing out four draws since December. In fact, their last win came against Pune FC in the first leg of this encounter.
On the other hand, Pune FC go into the game after a 2-2 draw against Myanmar-side Nay Pyi Taw FC in the AFC Cup two days back. The draw was followed by positive results against Sporting Goa (1-1) and Mohammedan SC (2-0) at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'