Pune FC sign striker Boima Karpeh, release Daisuke
Pune: I-League side Pune FC signed up Liberia-born Australian striker Boima Jerry Karpeh replacing Japanese Daisuke Nishiguchi for the last stretch of the league.
The 28-year-old Jerry replaces Nishiguchi, who was released in the first week of February. Jerry, a naturalised Australian, born in Liberia, Africa, thus fulfils the Asian quota as per I-League regulations.
The Perth-based 6ft-2inch striker carries forward the experience of playing for several clubs in Western Australia (Football West Premier League), which include top honours with Perth SC and Floreat Athena. During the period Jerry also emerged top scorer in the West Australian league.
Subsequently, Jerry featured for A-League side Perth Glory (2007-2008) and figured in 7 games. After a couple of more seasons below the A-League, Karpeh decided to move out of Australia and trade his skills.
Jerry`s first stop was Churchill Brothers (2010-11) on the Indian sub-continent. He made 14 I-League appearances that season, netted 4 goals and helped the Goan side to fourth place in the I-League. Likewise, he played a key role in Churchill Brothers IFA Shield title win in March 2011.
The next stop-over for Jerry was south-east Asia at Persisam Putra, an Indonesian Super League side.
Pune FC general manager Ashok Kumar said: "Pune FC and Jerry have completed an employment contract. All formalities have been fulfilled so that Jerry (Boima Karpeh) can play."
Jerry completed a medical test and Friday had a light workout at the Pune FC training pitch at Mamurdi.
"I am happy to be part of a team that I believe is professional in all that they do. I am eager and waiting for the main squad to regroup and be part of Pune FC," Jerry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!