Pune FC snatch draw, earn first overseas point
Hong Kong: A determined Pune FC produced a come-from-behind 2-2 draw against last year`s quarter-finalists Kitchee SC in an Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Cup 2014 Group H Round 2 encounter at the Mong Kok Stadium here Wednesday.
Playing their first overseas encounter, Pune FC earned a memorable point against the five-time Hong Kong champions.
Hosts Kitchee took a 2-0 lead in the first half through defender Fernando Recia (28th minute) and striker Juan Belencoso (42nd). However, second half strikes from substitute Mirjan Pavlovic (55th) and winger Gabriel Fernandes (74th) restored parity for Pune FC.
It was not only the half-time introduction of Mirjan and defender Gurjinder Kumar that did the trick for Pune FC but also goalkeeper Amrinder Singh`s heroics in the second half kept Pune FC in the game.
The point earned took Pune FC`s overall tally to two points in as many games and they are now third in the group behind leaders Kitchee (4) and Nay Pyi Taw FC (4).
Coach Mike Snoei made three changes to the starting line-up, handing starts to defender Anas Edathodika, medio Fanai Lalrempuia and Arata Izumi in place of Salam Ranjan Singh, Anthony D`Souza and Pavlovic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre