Pune, Lajong match end in goalless draw
Pune: Pune FC opened their I-League campaign with a goalless draw against Shillong Lajong FC at the Balewadi Sports Complex on Saturday.
In a game of equal exchanges, Pune FC distinctly had an upper hand with the chances they created and went close onseveral occasions, Lajong in the bargain did well but were ambitious rather than penetrative.
Pune FC began proceedings on the backfoot with Shillong Lajong striker John Menyongar going over a couple of times before Pune created the first close chance of the match.
In the the 15th minute Douhou Pierre failed to keep the ball within the framework from eight yards after Arata Izumi cut in a low cross that got past the Lajong backline.
Lajong, thereafter, held the upper hand and kept the Pune defence on their toes with several counter attacks in which John dangerously had a clear shot after defender Chika Wali missed averting the situation.
Barring these two clear-cut chances, the first half was marred with several injuries. Lajong was hit bad when Lalramluaha clashed with Arata accidently and ended up injuring his forehead.
After a barren first half, Pune came out attacking in the second session.
Douhou worked well with Jeje Lalpekhlua, but on several occasion Pune forwards lacked the final touch.
The creative Douhou many a times went on solo runs and did well to set up his teammamtes with clear cut chances.
Lajong also pushed forward but were constantly thwarted by Pune backline and more so by goalkeeper Shahinlal Meloly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata