Puyol extends Barca contract through June 2013
Madrid: Barcelona captain Carles Puyol has signed a three-year contract extension with the European champions until the end of June 2013, the club said on Friday.
The new deal for the 31-year-old Spain defender includes a buyout clause worth 10 million euros ($14.8 million), contingent on him playing 60 percent of the club`s matches per season, Barca said on their website.
"I am very pleased with the confidence that the club, the technical staff and my fellow players have shown in me," Puyol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel