Puyol extends Barca contract through June 2013
Madrid: Barcelona captain Carles Puyol has signed a three-year contract extension with the European champions until the end of June 2013, the club said on Friday.
The new deal for the 31-year-old Spain defender includes a buyout clause worth 10 million euros ($14.8 million), contingent on him playing 60 percent of the club`s matches per season, Barca said on their website.
"I am very pleased with the confidence that the club, the technical staff and my fellow players have shown in me," Puyol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says