Puyol resumes Barcelona training after two-month lay-off
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has received some encouraging news from the treatment table, as experienced defender Carles Puyol has resumed training again after spending the past two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
The 34-year-old picked up the knock in the closing stages of the 2011-12 campaign, and missed Euro 2012 after undergoing surgery to correct the problem.
However, the Barca captain trained away from the rest of the squad in their penultimate session before flying out to Germany on Tuesday for a pre-season friendly against Hamburg.
Puyol will undergo further medical tests next Monday to confirm he is fit enough to return to full training – the same day that the team`s Spanish internationals rejoin preparations.
The Blaugrana have reportedly scheduled talks with Puyol for later this week to discuss a contract extension. His current deal is due to expire in June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad