Puyol resumes Barcelona training after two-month lay-off
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has received some encouraging news from the treatment table, as experienced defender Carles Puyol has resumed training again after spending the past two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
The 34-year-old picked up the knock in the closing stages of the 2011-12 campaign, and missed Euro 2012 after undergoing surgery to correct the problem.
However, the Barca captain trained away from the rest of the squad in their penultimate session before flying out to Germany on Tuesday for a pre-season friendly against Hamburg.
Puyol will undergo further medical tests next Monday to confirm he is fit enough to return to full training – the same day that the team`s Spanish internationals rejoin preparations.
The Blaugrana have reportedly scheduled talks with Puyol for later this week to discuss a contract extension. His current deal is due to expire in June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note