Puyol resumes Barcelona training after two-month lay-off
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has received some encouraging news from the treatment table, as experienced defender Carles Puyol has resumed training again after spending the past two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
The 34-year-old picked up the knock in the closing stages of the 2011-12 campaign, and missed Euro 2012 after undergoing surgery to correct the problem.
However, the Barca captain trained away from the rest of the squad in their penultimate session before flying out to Germany on Tuesday for a pre-season friendly against Hamburg.
Puyol will undergo further medical tests next Monday to confirm he is fit enough to return to full training – the same day that the team`s Spanish internationals rejoin preparations.
The Blaugrana have reportedly scheduled talks with Puyol for later this week to discuss a contract extension. His current deal is due to expire in June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics