Puyol resumes Barcelona training after two-month lay-off
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has received some encouraging news from the treatment table, as experienced defender Carles Puyol has resumed training again after spending the past two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
The 34-year-old picked up the knock in the closing stages of the 2011-12 campaign, and missed Euro 2012 after undergoing surgery to correct the problem.
However, the Barca captain trained away from the rest of the squad in their penultimate session before flying out to Germany on Tuesday for a pre-season friendly against Hamburg.
Puyol will undergo further medical tests next Monday to confirm he is fit enough to return to full training – the same day that the team`s Spanish internationals rejoin preparations.
The Blaugrana have reportedly scheduled talks with Puyol for later this week to discuss a contract extension. His current deal is due to expire in June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan