Puyol resumes Barcelona training after two-month lay-off
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has received some encouraging news from the treatment table, as experienced defender Carles Puyol has resumed training again after spending the past two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
The 34-year-old picked up the knock in the closing stages of the 2011-12 campaign, and missed Euro 2012 after undergoing surgery to correct the problem.
However, the Barca captain trained away from the rest of the squad in their penultimate session before flying out to Germany on Tuesday for a pre-season friendly against Hamburg.
Puyol will undergo further medical tests next Monday to confirm he is fit enough to return to full training – the same day that the team`s Spanish internationals rejoin preparations.
The Blaugrana have reportedly scheduled talks with Puyol for later this week to discuss a contract extension. His current deal is due to expire in June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'