Puyol set for further surgery
Barcelona: Barcelona skipper Carles Puyol is set to undergo surgery once again which is hoped will rid him of a persistent knee problem.
The 35-year-old was limited to just 22 games in the 2012-13 campaign due to a string of injuries and will go under the knife on Wednesday.
He is expected to miss between three to four weeks after the procedure.
“Carles Puyol will undergo outpatient surgery to remove a cyst in his right knee,” an official club statement read.
The Camp Nou centre-back last featured for the Blaugrana back in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves