Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup likely to be moved to winter: Greg Dyke
London: Football Association chairman Greg Dyke has said that a summer World Cup in Qatar in 2022 would be impossible and thinks the tournament is likely to move to winter because of the heat, even as Qatar`s World Cup organising committee says it is ready to host the tournament in summer.
According to the BBC, Dyke pointed out that even if all the stadia are air-conditioned, it would be impossible for the fans and his position was that it could not be played in the summer.
Meanwhile, Qatar`s organising committee said that they were ready to host the tournament in summer or winter and a decision to alter the dates of the 2022 FIFA World Cup would not affect their infrastructure planning, the report said.
Richard Scudamore , the Premier League chief executive, had expressed in July that switching the Qatar World Cup to winter would cause chaos for football leagues around the world, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth