Qatar to spend USD 200 billion for 2022 Football World Cup
Johannesburg: Qatar is reportedly planning to spend 200 billion dollars over the next decade as it prepares to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
According to Sport24, 140 billion dollars from that amount will be for transportation, infrastructure including a new airport, roads and a metro system to deal with the 400, 000 fans expected for the month-long tournament.
The report further said that another 20 billion dollars would go into tourism infrastructure as the Gulf nation expects the amount coming from the number of tourists to reach 3.7 million dollars annually by 2022.
Qatar was awarded the World Cup in December 2010, beating out the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts