Qatar to spend USD 200 billion for 2022 Football World Cup
Johannesburg: Qatar is reportedly planning to spend 200 billion dollars over the next decade as it prepares to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
According to Sport24, 140 billion dollars from that amount will be for transportation, infrastructure including a new airport, roads and a metro system to deal with the 400, 000 fans expected for the month-long tournament.
The report further said that another 20 billion dollars would go into tourism infrastructure as the Gulf nation expects the amount coming from the number of tourists to reach 3.7 million dollars annually by 2022.
Qatar was awarded the World Cup in December 2010, beating out the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement