QPR`s Cesar touts new Barca signing Neymar to `rule football world`
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) goalkeeper Julio Cesar has touted Barcelona`s new 24 million-pound signing Neymar to rule the world of football.
Neymar, who will give England a glimpse of his prowess in Sunday night`s showpiece friendly in the Maracana against Brazil, will be unveiled by Barcelona after the match as their weapon to challenge Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo at the top of the rankings.
Insisting that Neymar is going to be the next massive superstar of the game, Cesar said that if the 21-year-old can repeat the kind of talent that he had shown for his former club Santos, he would almost become unstoppable on his way to world domination.
Stating that he is confident that Neymar can break open the stranglehold Messi and Ronaldo have had at the very pinnacle of the game, Cesar said that Neymar could become one of the world`s great players, although he added that the player will have to work in because the first year European football can be hard for a new player.
Meanwhile, Cesar dismissed claims that England is `light years` behind the rest of the world in terms of tactics and defended Roy Hodgson`s men, although he said that England suffer because of how many foreign players are in the Premier League.
Although relegation with Rangers has put a massive question mark over Cesar and his 70,000 pounds-a-week wages, Cesar said that he is not unduly worried, adding that he still has three years to go on his contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation