QPR striker Remy quizzed over alleged gang rape
Sydney: Queen Park Ranger (QPR) striker Loic Remy has been arrested by Scotland Yard`s sex crime squad as a rape suspect on allegations that he has raped a 34-year-old woman with two other men on May 6 in West London.
QPR has acknowledged the precarious situation.
A Metropolitan police spokesman said that Kent Police had asked them to investigate the case following the victim’s report to the latter about the incident on 7th May, adding that three men aged 22,23 and 26 have been arraigned on 15th May on grounds of rape allegations and remain in custody at a west London police station.
According to the report, QPR will be facing a setback with Remy’s arrest following their relegation from the Premier League last month.
The report said that QPR manager Harry Redknapp had signed Remy 8 million pounds in January hoping his goals will help the team come out of the relegation zone but the club`s relegation to the Championship after a 0-0 draw has left the team struggling for its survival.
Remy is likely to join other clubs such as Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool as Redknapp looks forward to increasing his profits, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda