Queens Park Rangers still keen to sign Beckham
London: Queens Park Rangers are still keen to sign midfielder David Beckham, according to club chief Amit Bhatia.
LA Galaxy star Beckham, 36, wants to boost his chances of playing for Team Great Britain in the 2012 Olympics by spending the MLS close-season on loan in London.
QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes wants to offer Leytonstone-born Beckham a return to the capital, a leading daily reports.
Vice-chairman Bhatia, speaking to QPR podcast Open All Rs, said: “Would we like to have him? Most certainly. Have Tony and I discussed it? Yes.”
“I am just not sure it’s a real possibility. We would like to sign people of Beckham’s calibre. I am just not certain Beckham would choose to come to us as a newly-promoted side,: he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal