Queens Park Rangers still keen to sign Beckham
London: Queens Park Rangers are still keen to sign midfielder David Beckham, according to club chief Amit Bhatia.
LA Galaxy star Beckham, 36, wants to boost his chances of playing for Team Great Britain in the 2012 Olympics by spending the MLS close-season on loan in London.
QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes wants to offer Leytonstone-born Beckham a return to the capital, a leading daily reports.
Vice-chairman Bhatia, speaking to QPR podcast Open All Rs, said: “Would we like to have him? Most certainly. Have Tony and I discussed it? Yes.”
“I am just not sure it’s a real possibility. We would like to sign people of Beckham’s calibre. I am just not certain Beckham would choose to come to us as a newly-promoted side,: he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh