Queens Park Rangers still keen to sign Beckham
London: Queens Park Rangers are still keen to sign midfielder David Beckham, according to club chief Amit Bhatia.
LA Galaxy star Beckham, 36, wants to boost his chances of playing for Team Great Britain in the 2012 Olympics by spending the MLS close-season on loan in London.
QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes wants to offer Leytonstone-born Beckham a return to the capital, a leading daily reports.
Vice-chairman Bhatia, speaking to QPR podcast Open All Rs, said: “Would we like to have him? Most certainly. Have Tony and I discussed it? Yes.”
“I am just not sure it’s a real possibility. We would like to sign people of Beckham’s calibre. I am just not certain Beckham would choose to come to us as a newly-promoted side,: he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest