Queens Park Rangers still keen to sign Beckham
London: Queens Park Rangers are still keen to sign midfielder David Beckham, according to club chief Amit Bhatia.
LA Galaxy star Beckham, 36, wants to boost his chances of playing for Team Great Britain in the 2012 Olympics by spending the MLS close-season on loan in London.
QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes wants to offer Leytonstone-born Beckham a return to the capital, a leading daily reports.
Vice-chairman Bhatia, speaking to QPR podcast Open All Rs, said: “Would we like to have him? Most certainly. Have Tony and I discussed it? Yes.”
“I am just not sure it’s a real possibility. We would like to sign people of Beckham’s calibre. I am just not certain Beckham would choose to come to us as a newly-promoted side,: he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5