Queens Park Rangers still keen to sign Beckham
London: Queens Park Rangers are still keen to sign midfielder David Beckham, according to club chief Amit Bhatia.
LA Galaxy star Beckham, 36, wants to boost his chances of playing for Team Great Britain in the 2012 Olympics by spending the MLS close-season on loan in London.
QPR’s new owner Tony Fernandes wants to offer Leytonstone-born Beckham a return to the capital, a leading daily reports.
Vice-chairman Bhatia, speaking to QPR podcast Open All Rs, said: “Would we like to have him? Most certainly. Have Tony and I discussed it? Yes.”
“I am just not sure it’s a real possibility. We would like to sign people of Beckham’s calibre. I am just not certain Beckham would choose to come to us as a newly-promoted side,: he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here