Queens Park Rangers want to sign Beckham
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) football club`s new owner Tony Fernandes is planning to sign former England football star David Beckham.
The Malaysian tycoon reckons it will help Becks` Olympic dream and wants him at Loftus Road as soon as his MLS season ends with LA Galaxy.
According to reports, Fernandes believes Beckham will be tempted by the promise of regular first-team football in the run-up to the London extravaganza.
Beckham, now 36, has made no secret of the fact he wants to play in the 2012 Games.
And Fernandes knows Becks will not come cheap, but believes shirt sales and other merchandising will more than cover the cost of bringing him to West London.
The player`s Galaxy deal expires at the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’