Rafa Benitez eyeing Chelsea swoop for Walcott
London: Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly trying to land Arsenal winger Theo Walcott at Stampford Bridge.
Benitez is confident of getting his man as the 15 million pound-rated player would not have to uproot from London.
Liverpool and both Manchester clubs are also in the hunt for Walcott.
However, Chelsea have sent a scout to watch Walcott, and plan to use him as a more central attacker, a role the England man craves, The Sun reports.
According to the paper, interim boss Benitez will have cash to spend in next month’s transfer window.
He rates Walcott’s lightning pace as a huge asset as he looks to land a player to support Fernando Torres, the paper said.
The forward, 23, has refused to sign a new 80,000 pounds-a-week contract at Arsenal, and can leave for nothing next summer when his current deal runs out, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'