Rafaelle joins Dempo as conditioning coach
Panaji: Rafaelle Anthony Napoli has been roped in by Dempo SC as the conditioning coach for 2013-14 seasons.
Napoli, who is the trusted aide of Dempo`s head coach Arthur Papas has left A-League job back home in Australia and settled for the rigorous challenge of Indian football.
"It`s extremely important to have Rafaelle here as conditioning coach. I have the knowledge myself because of my degrees but a head coach cannot do everything. Rafaelle has such a good reputation back home, and he left Australia for a professional experience. I am delighted to have him," said Papas, adding that Dempo players have a lot to benefit.
Napoli himself was excited at the prospect of working in India.
"I am here purely because of Arthur. He is a good manager and his ability to improve the players is exceptional," he said.
Papas will continue to work with the existing coaching staff and was all praise for assistant coach Mauricio Afonso.
"One of the things about a foreign coach is that you have to give something to the country that you work in. I had one foreign hand at Pailan Arrows and here, in Mauricio, we have someone who is highly respected. He has done a great job with Dempo in the past."
"I am open with the staff. We will keep it transparent and work in the same direction," said Papas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’