Ramires to miss Brazil-Italy friendly
Rio de Janeiro: Cheslea mid-fielder Ramires is the latest player to be axed from Brazil`s squad to face Italy in Geneva Thursday due to injury.
Ramires suffered a strained right adductor during Chelsea`s 2-0 Premier League victory over West Ham on Sunday. He is also in doubt for Brazil`s fixture against Russia at Stamford Bridge on March 25.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has already had to rule out Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas (ankle injury) and Paulinho (thigh injury) for the international friendlies.
Doubt also surrounds the fitness of in-form Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, who was forced off with an ankle problem during his team`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna in La Liga on Sunday.
Scolari, who chose a 23-man squad for the friendlies, is not expected to name any replacements for the injured players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed