Ramires to miss Brazil-Italy friendly
Rio de Janeiro: Cheslea mid-fielder Ramires is the latest player to be axed from Brazil`s squad to face Italy in Geneva Thursday due to injury.
Ramires suffered a strained right adductor during Chelsea`s 2-0 Premier League victory over West Ham on Sunday. He is also in doubt for Brazil`s fixture against Russia at Stamford Bridge on March 25.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has already had to rule out Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas (ankle injury) and Paulinho (thigh injury) for the international friendlies.
Doubt also surrounds the fitness of in-form Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, who was forced off with an ankle problem during his team`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna in La Liga on Sunday.
Scolari, who chose a 23-man squad for the friendlies, is not expected to name any replacements for the injured players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day