Ramires to miss Brazil-Italy friendly
Rio de Janeiro: Cheslea mid-fielder Ramires is the latest player to be axed from Brazil`s squad to face Italy in Geneva Thursday due to injury.
Ramires suffered a strained right adductor during Chelsea`s 2-0 Premier League victory over West Ham on Sunday. He is also in doubt for Brazil`s fixture against Russia at Stamford Bridge on March 25.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has already had to rule out Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas (ankle injury) and Paulinho (thigh injury) for the international friendlies.
Doubt also surrounds the fitness of in-form Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, who was forced off with an ankle problem during his team`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna in La Liga on Sunday.
Scolari, who chose a 23-man squad for the friendlies, is not expected to name any replacements for the injured players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’