Ramires wants Abramovich’s backing for Villas-Boas
London: Chelsea midfielder Ramires has requested club’s owner Roman Abramovich to give his full support to their coach Andre Villas-Boas who is under heavy pressure from the Chelsea fans.
“If Andre leaves, someone else will come and if it keeps going on like that, we won``t get anywhere. The players know what Andre has done for the club,” said Ramires.
Ramires also expressed his pity over the treatment the manager is given and said that the performances of a team depends on the players too, a daily reports.
“It`s an injustice to make the manager responsible for everything that happens with a team. He’s doing what he can until the players go on the pitch,” he added.
"From that moment, it`s not up to him, it`s not for him to run or compete for a ball. We`re not playing badly. We have to go on the pitch with a seriousness and desire to win until the end,” he further added.
Ramires scored the first goal for Chelsea in their 2-1 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday. He also praised the management skills of Villas-Boas and termed his style of management as unique.
“It`s not by chance that Andre won three trophies last year with Porto. The way he treats the players is unique. He treats everyone equally, regardless of who they are or how famous they are,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'