Ramos excited by Isco to Madrid rumours
London: The Spain international has hailed the Malaga starlet`s abilities and is hopeful his compatriot will chose to join los Blancos ahead of Manchester City.
Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has lauded Malaga starlet Isco`s abilities amidst speculations linking the youngster with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu.
Premier League giants Manchester City are locked in a battle with Madrid for the 21-year-old`s signature, and Ramos is convinced he would make a great addition to the Blancos squad should he opt to move to the Spanish capital.
"Isco is a great player and we always aspire to reinforce with the best. It`s a joy [to hear rumours of a transfer]," the experienced stopper told Onda Cero.
Ramos is currently preparing for Spain`s Confederations Cup semi-final with Italy on Thursday, and while he is relishing the prospect of facing hosts Brazil in the final, the 27-year-old has warned his side to be on their mettle against the Azzurri.
"It`d be a dream to play a final with Brazil in Maracana but before you get to that stage you have to play the semi-final against Italy," Ramos continued.
"Italy bring us good memories, they are a great team, it will hopefully be a nice game.
"We want to be the champions but we will have to approach the match very humbly with a lot of respect for our opponents."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani