Ramos says Real will beat Manchester United
London: Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has claimed the Los Blancos are good enough to beat Champions League favourites Manchester United in the round of 16 of Europe’s most elite competition just like they beat Manchester City in the group stages.
Jose Mourinho’s men have already sent City packing from the Champions League after knocking them out in the Group of Death, and now they believe they can do the same to United in the last 16.
Spanish defender Ramos said we have already defeated City in the group phase and now they are confident of beating United in the knockout stage. Ramos added that United might be leading the Premier League while they are only third in La Liga but that means nothing since in two months many things can change.
The left-back also said that it is their dream to win the Champions League, and believes it is a shame these two top sides have been drawn to face each other so early in the competition because it is a glamour tie that would be a big enough game to grace the final. Ramos said both the teams would give their best to proceed further but added that United are one of the favourites to win this season’s Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price