Ramos to replace Lewandowski at Dortmund
Berlin: Colombian striker Adrian Ramos will leave Hertha Berlin in the summer to replace the Bayern Munich-bound Robert Lewandowski at Borussia Dortmund, the latter club announced.
The 28-year-old Ramos, capped 23 times by Colombia, signed a four-year deal that will run through until June 2018.
"Adrian Ramos is an excellent player and one of the best goal-scorers in Germany. He corresponds perfectly to Borussia Dortmund`s demands," said Michael Zorc, the club`s sporting director.
The signing of Ramos will go some way towards making up for the departure of prolific Polish striker Lewandowski to Bayern.
Ramos has this season scored 16 goals for Hertha, one less than Lewandowski, who is currently top scorer in the Bundesliga alongside Bayern`s Mario Mandzukic.
"I wanted to cross this new step in my career and play in the Champions League," Ramos said, adding that he would "do everything to help Hertha until the end of the season".
With five games remaining, Borussia are currently in second place in the Bundesliga and almost certain to play in next season`s Champions League.
Hertha lie in 10th and are virtually guaranteed to remain in Germany`s top division after promotion last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS