Ramos to replace Lewandowski at Dortmund
Berlin: Colombian striker Adrian Ramos will leave Hertha Berlin in the summer to replace the Bayern Munich-bound Robert Lewandowski at Borussia Dortmund, the latter club announced.
The 28-year-old Ramos, capped 23 times by Colombia, signed a four-year deal that will run through until June 2018.
"Adrian Ramos is an excellent player and one of the best goal-scorers in Germany. He corresponds perfectly to Borussia Dortmund`s demands," said Michael Zorc, the club`s sporting director.
The signing of Ramos will go some way towards making up for the departure of prolific Polish striker Lewandowski to Bayern.
Ramos has this season scored 16 goals for Hertha, one less than Lewandowski, who is currently top scorer in the Bundesliga alongside Bayern`s Mario Mandzukic.
"I wanted to cross this new step in my career and play in the Champions League," Ramos said, adding that he would "do everything to help Hertha until the end of the season".
With five games remaining, Borussia are currently in second place in the Bundesliga and almost certain to play in next season`s Champions League.
Hertha lie in 10th and are virtually guaranteed to remain in Germany`s top division after promotion last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP