Ranbir Kapoor wants world class football stadium in Mumbai
Mumbai: The 30-year-old actor is the vice captain of the All Star Football Club, which is led by actor Abhishek Bachchan. The team will play their first game on March 30, at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi, against the All Hearts Football Club comprising of the Indian Cricket Team, led by captain Virat Kohli.
"I love football. I have been playing the game since school. I carry a football with me, all the time and play with my crew. I feel that infrastructure in Delhi is much better than Mumbai. There isn`t any good football stadium here. I would like the authorities to take it up and give the city a world class football stadium," said Ranbir, who is in the capital to promote the charity match to be held this weekend.
Dressed casually in a navy blue polo t-shirt and grey track pants, the `Barfi` star braved the capital`s heat and enjoyed a fun practice session with the kids of the Magic Bus Charity Foundation.
When asked about his team`s preparation for the upcoming match against the cricketing stars, Ranbir said, "I am aware that our opposition is very strong. The captain Virat Kohli is very fit and fast. It is a challenge to play with the Indian cricket team, where every player is so fit.
"But we are also very well prepared. We have taken tips from Baichung Bhutia. We have had three months of practice. Our team is very good- Marc Robinson, Dino Morea, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Aditya Roy Kapoor- are all excited to take on our opposition," he added.
The actor also discussed future plans of the All Star Football Club and said, "We plan to play in Kolkata, which is the hub of football in our country. We are also planning to get an EPL team to play with us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!