Rangers administrators seek damages from club`s former lawyers
London: The administrators of troubled Scottish side Rangers are to sue the club`s former lawyers for substantial damages, administrators Duff and Phelps said on Tuesday.
"We have instigated legal proceedings against Collyer Bristow, the former lawyers of the club, and The Rangers FC Group Limited in the High Court in London for substantial damages suffered by Rangers Football Club," joint administrator Paul Clark said in a statement on the club`s website.
The financial details of the damages claim were not disclosed but Duff & Phelps were reportedly seeking 25 million pounds.
Rangers were forced into administration in February after running up a debt of 9 million pounds in unpaid taxes since Scottish businessman Craig Whyte took an 85 percent stake in the club last May.
Founded in 1872, they have been domestic champions 54 times, a world record, including for the last three seasons and won the old European Cup Winners` Cup in 1972.
Duff and Phelps said it remained their intention to announce a preferred bidder for the club this week.
They are considering two bidders after The Blue Knights consortium, led by former Rangers director Paul Murray, withdrew its bid on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad