Rangers draw at Celtic to stay seven points clear
London: Rangers maintained their seven-point lead over Celtic at the top of the Scottish Premier League with a 1-1 draw against their Glasgow neighbours at Celtic Park on Sunday.
Celtic, who dominated the first Old Firm derby of 2010, deservedly took the lead in the 79th minute when substitute Scott McDonald headed his 14th goal of the season, before Lee McCulloch equalised two minutes later with a powerful header.
The home side missed a succession of good chances and had a first-half goal from Marc-Antoine Fortune ruled out after referee Steve Conroy spotted an infringement on Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.
Celtic, who have played a game fewer than Rangers, remain second in the table, five points ahead of third-placed Hibernian who play Hearts in the Edinburgh derby later on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan