Rangers draw at Celtic to stay seven points clear
London: Rangers maintained their seven-point lead over Celtic at the top of the Scottish Premier League with a 1-1 draw against their Glasgow neighbours at Celtic Park on Sunday.
Celtic, who dominated the first Old Firm derby of 2010, deservedly took the lead in the 79th minute when substitute Scott McDonald headed his 14th goal of the season, before Lee McCulloch equalised two minutes later with a powerful header.
The home side missed a succession of good chances and had a first-half goal from Marc-Antoine Fortune ruled out after referee Steve Conroy spotted an infringement on Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.
Celtic, who have played a game fewer than Rangers, remain second in the table, five points ahead of third-placed Hibernian who play Hearts in the Edinburgh derby later on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes