Ranieri says his new Roma team need a shock
Roma: Claudio Ranieri said he would give AS Roma`s underachieving players "a shock" after taking over as coach.
The 57-year-old agreed a two-year deal on Tuesday to replace Luciano Spalletti, who quit after the club lost their opening two Serie A games of the season and struggled to reinforce their squad in the transfer market.
"They certainly need a shock because this team needs to react immediately. Maybe the lads have lost a bit of conviction," former Juventus and Chelsea coach Ranieri told a news conference on Wednesday.
With the transfer window closed he has a tough task to reinvigorate Roma, who finished sixth last term having been runners-up and Italian Cup winners in 2007 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh