Ranieri says his new Roma team need a shock
Roma: Claudio Ranieri said he would give AS Roma`s underachieving players "a shock" after taking over as coach.
The 57-year-old agreed a two-year deal on Tuesday to replace Luciano Spalletti, who quit after the club lost their opening two Serie A games of the season and struggled to reinforce their squad in the transfer market.
"They certainly need a shock because this team needs to react immediately. Maybe the lads have lost a bit of conviction," former Juventus and Chelsea coach Ranieri told a news conference on Wednesday.
With the transfer window closed he has a tough task to reinvigorate Roma, who finished sixth last term having been runners-up and Italian Cup winners in 2007 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie