Ranieri says his new Roma team need a shock
Roma: Claudio Ranieri said he would give AS Roma`s underachieving players "a shock" after taking over as coach.
The 57-year-old agreed a two-year deal on Tuesday to replace Luciano Spalletti, who quit after the club lost their opening two Serie A games of the season and struggled to reinforce their squad in the transfer market.
"They certainly need a shock because this team needs to react immediately. Maybe the lads have lost a bit of conviction," former Juventus and Chelsea coach Ranieri told a news conference on Wednesday.
With the transfer window closed he has a tough task to reinvigorate Roma, who finished sixth last term having been runners-up and Italian Cup winners in 2007 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi