Ranieri says his new Roma team need a shock
Roma: Claudio Ranieri said he would give AS Roma`s underachieving players "a shock" after taking over as coach.
The 57-year-old agreed a two-year deal on Tuesday to replace Luciano Spalletti, who quit after the club lost their opening two Serie A games of the season and struggled to reinforce their squad in the transfer market.
"They certainly need a shock because this team needs to react immediately. Maybe the lads have lost a bit of conviction," former Juventus and Chelsea coach Ranieri told a news conference on Wednesday.
With the transfer window closed he has a tough task to reinvigorate Roma, who finished sixth last term having been runners-up and Italian Cup winners in 2007 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read