Reading FC to give scholarship to two youths from Arunachal
Itanagar: English professional soccer club, Reading FC has announced scholarships for two budding footballers of the Arunachal Pradesh, its adviser Tomo Nomuk said here on Monday.
Prior to the announcement, Nomuk said, he held a discussion with Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy on promotion of soccer in the state.
After a threadbare discussion with Sanjoy, who is also the president of Arunachal Pradesh Football Association (APFA), Reading decided to go for a talent hunt and train youths.
Top notch coaches from the English club will tour different parts of the state in connection with the training programme, possibly from October next year, he said.
"Under the six-month RFC-APFA MoU, the coaches from the internationally famed club with our support would tour all over the state to identify footballers with potential to become world class players," the MP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'