Reading FC to give scholarship to two youths from Arunachal
Itanagar: English professional soccer club, Reading FC has announced scholarships for two budding footballers of the Arunachal Pradesh, its adviser Tomo Nomuk said here on Monday.
Prior to the announcement, Nomuk said, he held a discussion with Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy on promotion of soccer in the state.
After a threadbare discussion with Sanjoy, who is also the president of Arunachal Pradesh Football Association (APFA), Reading decided to go for a talent hunt and train youths.
Top notch coaches from the English club will tour different parts of the state in connection with the training programme, possibly from October next year, he said.
"Under the six-month RFC-APFA MoU, the coaches from the internationally famed club with our support would tour all over the state to identify footballers with potential to become world class players," the MP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof