Reading FC to give scholarship to two youths from Arunachal
Itanagar: English professional soccer club, Reading FC has announced scholarships for two budding footballers of the Arunachal Pradesh, its adviser Tomo Nomuk said here on Monday.
Prior to the announcement, Nomuk said, he held a discussion with Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy on promotion of soccer in the state.
After a threadbare discussion with Sanjoy, who is also the president of Arunachal Pradesh Football Association (APFA), Reading decided to go for a talent hunt and train youths.
Top notch coaches from the English club will tour different parts of the state in connection with the training programme, possibly from October next year, he said.
"Under the six-month RFC-APFA MoU, the coaches from the internationally famed club with our support would tour all over the state to identify footballers with potential to become world class players," the MP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir