Real chief looking to retain Ronaldo with whopping 125-mln-pound-offer
London: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is reportedly prepared to offer star Cristiano Ronaldo more than a whopping 125 million pounds in a five-year contract to lure him to stay on at the club and not make a switch to Manchester United.
Claiming that the deal will be finalized this summer, Real is confident that the deal will be signed off at 25 million pounds-a-season, making the Portuguese footballer earn nearly 250000 pounds-a-week.
United had planned to offer Madrid 65 million pounds for the transfer and Ronaldo 15 million pounds-a-year, hoping that the player will accept the money to return to the club that has largely contributed to his popularity.
Perez confirmed that Ronaldo will retire at Real Madrid as it is the natural course of action, adding that he wants to and will aim at renewing Ronaldo`s contract before the next season begins.
Ronaldo has led Real to have a 450-million-pounds turnover.
Ronaldo`s loss will mean financial crisis for the club which is why the club desperately intends to retain the player until his retirement and are ready to splash the cash on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves