Real Madrid, a record breaking club
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Madrid: The Spanish club, Real Madrid, is quite well known for buying footballers at higher price.
On Sunday, once again Real Madrid confirmed the signing of Gareth Bale, from the English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur at a shocking price of 100 million Euros.
But interestingly, in the last twelve to thirteen years they are the ones who bought players in their club, from different Leagues around the world, with the help of some splendid deals. In 2000, Luis Figo joined the club on price of GBP 37 million.
Then in the very next year they came up with Zinedine Zidane, who left Juventus to join the Spanish Club.
In 2009, the club made two record breaking deals as they first bought Kaka from AC Milan at a price of GBP 56 million and then Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo joined the club at a whooping sum of GBP 80 million.
These were the five players who made headlines in the football world for their record breaking deals with the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player