Real Madrid can still win La Liga: Aragones
Madrid: Luis Aragones believes Real Madrid could still catch Barcelona at the top of La Liga despite the eight-point advantage currently held by the Blaugrana.
The defending champions, who had a poor start to the domestic season, missed their chance to reduce the gap on Sunday when they drew with Tito Vilanova`s league leaders.
"There are a lot of games for Real Madrid to recover the points they need and for a team like Madrid nothing is lost," Aragones told O Jogo.
Barca and Los Rojiblancos both sit on 19 points in the Liga table and Aragones has backed his former club to mount a title challenge of their own.
"Atletico is stronger than in previous years," he added.
"They can have a good season and be closer to their rivals, or even fight for the title if they can maintain this consistency."
Aragones, who has not coached since leaving Fenerbahce in 2009, also left the door open when asked about a possible managerial comeback, saying that he remained "strong enough to return to work".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India