Real Madrid extends contract with Cheryshev
Madrid: Real Madrid announced they had extended the contract of 22-year-old Russian international Denis Cheryshev until the end of June 2017.
The move, which was reportedly made at the express request of new coach, Carlo Ancelotti means that youngster, who has been with the club since he was a boy, will now form part of the Real Madrid first team squad.
He spent the last season in the second division with the Real Madrid B-team.
His previous contract was due to expire in 2014 and until Thursday`s news Cheryshev had been expected to go on loan this summer.
The son of a Russian international Dimitri Cheryshev, Denis has been given his chance to prove himself at the start of the current pre-season and performed well in the weekend friendly away to Bournemouth in England.
A naturally left-footed player, he is able to play on the left wing but pre-season has also seen Denis fill in at left back on occasions.
The news comes just 24 hours after Real Madrid extended the contract of another of their rising stars, Jese Rodriguez.
Earlier in the summer former B-team captain, Nacho Fernandez was another former B-team player to sign a new contract with the club, which is carrying out a clear policy of lowering the age of its first team squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea