Real Madrid next season? Maybe not, says Mourinho
Madrid: Jose Mourinho has added to ongoing speculation surrounding his Real Madrid future by refusing to state that he would remain with the club next season.
A 2-0 win against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League semi-final return fixture was not enough for los Blancos to overturn their first-leg deficit and book a place in the final, and following the failure the 50-year-old coach revealed his uncertainty regarding his current job.
When asked if he would be with Madrid next season, Mourinho, who has been consistently linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu, told ITV: "Maybe not. I want to be where people love me to be."
"I have a contract, respect for the club and the president. I want to play the [Copa del Rey] final, finish the season, finish second," the Madrid coach later told Sky Sports.
"I know I`m loved in England. Loved by the fans, the media. I know I`m loved by some clubs - especially one. In Spain it`s different - some people hate me. It`s difficult to make a decision because I like the club. I like the president."
The former Inter boss also lamented his side`s first leg performance in which they were defeated 4-1 and says the Spaniards could still have progressed despite that result.
"In football, you win or you lose. I think we could [have won the tie]. They had a couple of big chances but as a consequence of the way we were playing in the last part of the match, where we risked absolutely everything," he said.
"But I think today [Tuesday] we were a team with character, desire and we could do it. I don’t forget the first match and in the first match we were very, very bad.
"And in this moment we are punished. Not because of this result but the result of the first leg."
Mourinho will now turn his attention to this weekend`s meeting with Valladolid as his side look to secure second position in La Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened